Location: Tampa, FL
Provides functional business knowledge and technical support to the business unit through developed and ad hoc analysis/reporting , as well as designing and programming new processes/reports. Acts as subject matter expert for department or business unit on business systems/applications. Analyzes company functions, processes, and activities to improve computer-based business applications for the most effective use of money, materials, equipment, and people. Performs application/system design and implementation. Documents development requirements. Consults with end users to test and debug applications to meet client needs.
- Develops ad-hoc reports to conduct data analysis and validation.
- Confers with area/department to analyze current operational procedures and trends and identify problems.
- Conducts business analysis and recommends technical alternative solutions to management as to course of action that best meets the organization's goals.
- Research, evaluate and assess the financial impact of issues identified in data/processes.
- Supports, troubleshoots, and maintains systems and applications as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing timely follow-up on identified issues.
- Analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing business systems.
- Creates multiuser, real-time, robust database solutions.
- Acts as content expert to provide business and technical expertise in requirements solicitation, system analysis, technical design, programming and documentation of business applications/systems.
- May be responsible for monitoring and reporting to management on the status of departmental projects: Anticipates and identifies issues that could inhibit achieving the project goals and objectives, and implementing corrective actions and mitigation strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in a related field; or equivalent work experience in technical data analysis, conducting system analysis meetings, developing system design documents, developing project plans with achievable milestones and deadlines, and mediating different department demands to gain approvals on system scope and design.
- Preferred: Master's degree in a related field, i.e., Mathematics, Computer Science, etc. may be considered in lieu of some required experience (not to exceed 2 years)
- Required: 3 years of experience in business, systems and/or data analysis
- Required: 2 years of experience in relevant programming to include SAS or similar
- Preferred: 1 year of experience in Healthcare
- Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
Licenses and Certifications:
- Preferred: SAS Certification
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- SQL Server
- Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS)
- Oracle Database Management System (DBMS)