Primary point of contact for interface between the business users and IT teams. Formulates and defines systems' scope and objectives through research and fact-finding, combined with a basic understanding of business systems. Conduct analyses of business and user needs, documenting requirements and revising existing logic, as necessary. Employees in this position must be experienced in full Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) and understand the business impact of applications and the information technology available to meet those needs.
DEPARTMENT: IT - Informatics
REPORTS TO: Manager, Reporting and Analytics
- Partners with the Business users and IT teams to capture the business context - problem, current state, desired future state, objectives, business needs and impacted user groups.
- Develops requirements (business, user and software requirements -- functional and non-functional) and establishing traceability of business and functional requirements in support the business vision.
- Manages the requirements through the project lifecycle by establishing and maintaining agreements between the customer and the project team.
- Plays a critical communications role by interacting with user (business domain) and with developers and testing personnel (technical domain).
- Ensures the requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are understandable, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested.
- Facilitates sessions using techniques to help define scope and requirements during the lifecycle of medium to large projects that may cross several business and technical domains.
- Ensures change control and change management procedures are followed within the project team as they relate to requirements.
- Responsible for executing elicitation techniques such as Interviews, Exploratory Prototypes, Facilitated Workshops, Focus Groups, Observation, User Task Analysis, Documentation Study and Surveys and overall Process Re-engineering.
- Mentors less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Required a High School or GED
- Preferred a Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Required 3 years of experience in full Software Development Life-Cycle
- Required 4 years of experience in an IT or Business Project role for analysis, development or testing
- Required 2 years of experience in facilitating sessions using techniques to help define scope and requirements of medium to large projects that may cross 2 or more business and technical domains
- Preferred Health care experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Beginner ability to implement process improvements
- Intermediate ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Intermediate experience in requirements meetings to understand and collect product, business, system and potentially data mapping needs
- Intermediate ability to think logically in solving assigned problems and to present recommendations with clarity in written and graphic form.
- Intermediate must be able to communicate business solutions to management for review and approval both verbally and in writing.
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Required intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required intermediate Microsoft Visio
- Required intermediate experience with Agile or Waterfall methodologies
- Required intermediate knowledge of one technology or system platform, e.g, Pega, SQL, .Net, Java, etc.