Location: Henderson Rd, Tampa, FL 33634
Department: Health Services - Informatics
Reports to: Director, Health Services System Integration
Primary point of contact for interface between the business users and IT teams. Formulates and defines systems' scope and objectives through research and fact-finding, combined with a basic understanding of business systems. Conduct analyses of business and user needs, documenting requirements and revising existing logic, as necessary. Employees in this position must be experienced in full Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) and understand the business impact of applications and the information technology available to meet those needs.
- Partners with the Business users and IT teams to capture the business context - problem, current state, desired future state, objectives, business needs and impacted user groups.
- Develops requirements (business, user and software requirements -- functional and non-functional) and establishing traceability of business and functional requirements in support the business vision.
- Manages the requirements through the project lifecycle by establishing and maintaining agreements between the customer and the project team.
- Plays a critical communications role by interacting with user (business domain) and with developers and testing personnel (technical domain).
- Ensures the requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are understandable, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested.
- Facilitates sessions using techniques to help define scope and requirements during the lifecycle of medium to large projects that may cross several business and technical domains.
- Ensures change control and change management procedures are followed within the project team as they relate to requirements.
- Responsible for executing elicitation techniques such as Interviews, Exploratory Prototypes, Facilitated Workshops, Focus Groups, Observation, User Task Analysis, Documentation Study and Surveys and overall Process Re-engineering.
- Mentors less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Required: High School diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Required: 4 years of experience in business/technical analysis, programming, and/or testing, utilizing SQL
- Required: 3 years of experience in full software development lifecycle and/or testing lifecycle
- Required: 2 years of cross-functional experience working with multiple lines of businesses and/or systems
- Preferred: 2 years of experience with Web Services, SOAPUI, XML, X12, and/or HL7
- Preferred: Healthcare experience
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to implement process improvements
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Experience in requirements meetings to understand and collect product, business, system and potentially data mapping needs
- Ability to think logically in solving assigned problems and to present recommendations with clarity in written and graphic form.
- Must be able to communicate business solutions to management for review and approval both verbally and in writing.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Preferred: Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Visio
- Experience with Agile or Waterfall methodologies
- Knowledge of one technology or system platform, e.g, Pega, SQL, .Net, Java, etc.