Primary point of contact for interface between the business users and IT teams. Formulates and defines systems' scope and objectives through research and fact-finding, combined with a basic understanding of business systems. Conduct analyses of business and user needs, documenting requirements and revising existing logic, as necessary. Associates in this position must be experienced in full Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) and understand the business impact of applications and the information technology available to meet those needs.
Reports to: Director, Operations
Location: Chicago, IL
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Partners with the Business users and IT teams to capture the business context - problem, current state, desired future state, objectives, business needs and impacted user groups.
- Develops requirements (business, user and software requirements -- functional and non-functional) and establishing traceability of business and functional requirements in support the business vision.
- Manages the requirements through the project lifecycle by establishing and maintaining agreements between the customer and the project team.
- Plays a critical communications role by interacting with user (business domain) and with developers and testing personnel (technical domain).
- Works with the project manager and business user(s) and ensures individual adherence to requirements conflict resolution procedure and team structure.
- Participates in requirements sessions using techniques to help define scope and requirements during the lifecycle for small to medium sized projects that may cross 1 or 2 business or technical domain.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required A High School or GED
- Preferred A Bachelor's Degree in a related field Bachelor's degree may be substituted for some of the required experience
- Required 1 year of experience in a business or IT project life cycle
- Required 2 years of experience in an IT or Business Project role for analysis, development or testing
- Preferred Other Health care experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Beginner Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Other Ability to think logically in solving assigned problems and to present recommendations with clarity in written and graphic form.
- Beginner Other Must be able to communicate business solutions to management for review and approval both verbally and in writing.
- Intermediate Other Understands change control and change management procedures are followed as they relate to the requirements phase.
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Preferred Beginner Microsoft Visio
- Preferred Beginner Other Knowledge one form of technology or system platform, SQL, .Net, Java, etc.
- Required Beginner Other Knowledge of Agile or Waterfall methodologies