Oversees Business Intelligence Analysts, coordinates training for the Team, provides project tracking/metrics, acts as technical Team liaison in coordination with IT and other departments as needed, and provides status reports on Team activities to the Manager. This position is expected to be split about 70% Analysis and 30% Lead role. Deep understanding on how data is turned into information and knowledge and how that knowledge supports and enables key business processes.
- Formulates new internal processes and analytical reports to improve information resources.
- Gathers data from departments; update periodic reports; analyze statistical data to identify and correct errors and to evaluate general content.
- Using advanced business unit knowledge, proactively researches requests for assistance and recommends software solutions or process improvements that will meet business needs.
- Conducts accounting-based research and analysis to provide definitive financial data and advice for use in administering specific fiscal programs and processes.
- Performs review analyzes, including accumulation of data, financial & forecast modeling, reporting and monitoring of responses.
- Develops ad-hoc reports to conduct data analysis and validation.
- Analyzes trends to recommend process and/or operational improvements.
- Researches methodologies and conducts advanced metric reporting.
- Evaluates financial impact of implemented initiatives.
- Participates in mentoring analyst within the team to strengthen the team's knowledge, expertise and flexibility by sharing knowledge of history, background, data, processes and anything relevant to develop Analysts into Subject Matter Experts and broaden their knowledge base.
- Escalate hot topics and processes at risk of missing requirements to help keep the analysts and business Teams synchronized.
- May use raw data from data warehouse to generate reports using statistical tools like SAS.
- Evaluates internal and external customers' needs and abilities in order to provide appropriate solutions.
- Provides input to business requirements for the design of solutions.
- Identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the enterprise wide BI systems.
- Advises executives on how BI (processes, practices and technologies) play a critical role in improving business management and optimization.
- Explores the data and discovers patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies and trends.
- Designs Institute-wide "views" and custom reports.
- May perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms.
- Researches business problems and creates models that help analyze these business problems.
- Develops best practices for report deployments.
- Preferred A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Required or equivalent work experience with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be substituted required in lieu of degree
- Required 7 years of experience in business analysis or using BI tools( Power BI/ Tableau/ SSRS)
- Required Other internal candidate will require min 6 years of experience in business analysis or similar related role
- Preferred 3 years of experience in Healthcare
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Advanced Ability to drive multiple projects
- Intermediate Ability to implement process improvements
- Advanced Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Advanced Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate Ability to lead/manage others in a matrixed environment
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Certified Business Intelligence Professional - Practitioner Level
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Advanced Microsoft Access
- Required Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Advanced Data Marts
- Required Advanced SQL Server System
- Preferred Intermediate Other Tableau
- Required Advanced PL SQL
- Required Advanced Data Warehouse