Provides functional and technical business knowledge to the department through execution of standardized and ad-hoc analysis and reporting. Works closely with peers to run standardized processes using data and business rules. BI Analysts work with clients to determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI), and develop BI . This includes working with business and development teams to design,and document dashboards, alerts, and reports.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Develops ad-hoc reports to conduct data analysis and validation.
- Confers with area/department to analyze current operational procedures and trends and identify problems.
- Supports, troubleshoots, and maintains production systems and applications as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing timely follow-up on identified issues.
- Analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing business systems.
- May be responsible for monitoring and reporting to management on the status of departmental projects: Anticipates and identifies issues that could inhibit achieving the project goals and objectives, and implementing corrective actions and mitigation strategies.
- Works with internal and external customers and IT partners to gather and validate requirements.
- Develops and writes business requirements for the design of solutions.
- Researches business problems and assists in the creation of models that help analyze these problems.
- May determine and analyze commonly used queries and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field Information Technology or related field
- Required or equivalent work experience additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Required 3 years of experience in a Business Intelligence Analyst or similar related role
- Required Other internal candidate will require min 2 years of experience in business analysis or similar related role
- Preferred 2 years of experience in Healthcare
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Advanced Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Intermediate Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Certified Business Intelligence Professional - Practitioner Level SAS Certification
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Access
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Preferred Intermediate SQL Server System
- Preferred Beginner Data Marts
- Preferred Intermediate Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS)
- Preferred Intermediate Visual Basics .Net
- Preferred Intermediate Oracle Database Management System (DBMS)
- Preferred Intermediate Other Tableau