Plans and directs all aspects of the Company’s organic health plan expansion activities across assigned geopgraphic area(s). Leads market and environmental assessments; makes recommendations on and collaborates in “go/no-go” expansion decisions; end-to-end accountability for development of growth and reprocurement related RFIs/RFAs/RFPs. Delivers results against established growth targets.
Reports to: VP, Business Development Strategy
Dept.: Business Development
Location: Tampa (Henderson Road), FL
Additional Responsibilities: Candidate Education:
- Leads the assimilation and analysis of economic, political, financial and industry data to assess health plan growth opportunities in targeted geographies with particular focus on Medicaid programs (e.g. Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), State Children's Health Insurance Program (S-CHIP), Aged Blind and Disabled (ABD), Managed Long-term Care program (MLTC), waivers, etc.) as well as Medicare, Marketplace and healthcare reform opportunities.
- Develops proactive relationships and manages communications (both remotely and face-to-face) with key external stakeholders including; elected officials, state agency representatives, advocacy groups, business partners, and influencers.
- Identifies and engages third parties (consultants, lobbyists, etc.) as needed in support of assessment and development efforts.
- Tracks and reports on growth opportunities indicating the nature of the opportunity, potential threats and keys to success.
- Compares growth opportunity assessment and requirements with business strengths and weaknesses and collaborates with business leaders on strategies and tactics to address gaps in support of growth goals.
- Makes formal recommendations to executive leadership on identified growth opportunities.
- For approved opportunities, continues proactive relationship and market development activities.
- Oversees and accountable for development of all RFIs/RFAs/RFPs in support of expansion and re-procurement efforts.
- Works closely and collaboratively with business leaders from across the company including P&L owners, Government Affairs, Public Policy, Product, Program Implementations, Network Development, Legal and others in planning, management and support throughout the growth and business development lifecycle.
- Leads and directs staff in all market assessment and response development efforts.
- Attends national and state conferences and/or meetings as required.
- Manages market development budget for owned geographies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Preferred A Master's Degree in a related field
- Required 10 years of experience in strategy, development or executive leadership role in a managed health care organization, health care consulting firm, or related health care services provider.
- Required Other A proven track record of achieving goals, profitability and service results are required to be successful in the role.
- Required Other In-depth working knowledge of publicly funded health programs
- Advanced Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Advanced Ability to analyze information and covert related activities into a comprehensive work plan
- Advanced Ability to drive multiple projects
- Advanced Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Advanced Ability to influence internal and external constituents
- Advanced Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Advanced Demonstrated analytical skills
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated project management skills
- Advanced Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook