At an advanced level, performs User Acceptance Testing of software delivered from Applications Development and/or external vendors. Creates Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Scripts for all functional requirements. Delivers quality product to Business Partners in support of meeting organizational goals and objectives. Works closely with Business Systems Analysts, Developers, Functional Owners and the Project Manager to define, research, correct and retest defects, and resolve test variances from the Test Plan.
- Works with the Business Systems Analyst, Project Manager and Functional Owner to interpret the test needs as requirements are being developed in order to ensure the standard of testing supports the business need.
- Determines the types of testing that must be conducted (i.e. data validation, regression, etc.) and creates a comprehensive Test Plan that supports the business and technological solutions being delivered.
- Performs duties delegated by the Project Manager or Area Manager on behalf of the department.
- Creates Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Scripts in support of business functional requirements and in a reusable state.
- Executes each test case to identify defects prior to the delivery of software in a production environment and actively participates in reviews and checkpoints.
- Works with the Business Systems Analyst, Developer and Project Manager to resolve defects identified during the testing cycle.
- Assigns severity levels to each test issue discovered during the test cycle.
- Tests data to ensure it complies with specifications and present sound recommendations through thorough analysis.
- Responsible for capturing and documenting metrics in support of the user acceptance testing and recommends improvements.
- Ability to support concurrent projects in an organized manner.
- Ensure adherence to quality processes and procedures.
- Assess current testing processes; recommend and implement process improvements
- Participates in the formulation of project time estimates
Education: Associate's degree from an accredited college, university, or technical school in information systems or information technology or related testing experience is required. A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in information systems or information technology or related field is preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years software testing experience
Project Life-Cycle experience
Automated testing tool experience desirable
Experience in full software development life cycle methodology
Automated Test tool experience desired
Experienced in the full software development life cycle
Experienced in using Quality Center or similar tools
Special Skills (e.g. 2nd language): Proven organizational and analytical skills
Knowledge of the Healthcare industry, specifically Managed Healthcare
Technical Skills/Requirements: Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
SQL, Microsoft Office, MS Project
Knowledge of PowerPoint sufficient to produce presentations containing non-standard graphics, charts, sound and other enhancements.
Knowledge of Access sufficient to create databases, simple queries and forms.
Knowledge of Visio sufficient to create process flow diagrams