LOCATION: W. Idlewild Avenue, Tampa, FL 33634
DEPARTMENT: Operations – Enrollment & Billing
REPORTING TO: Supervisor, Operations
Individual will be part of a team that is responsible for researching and resolving escalated member issues that have not been resolved through the normal customer service channels. Position will require strong attention to detail, interpersonal skills, and patience in dealing with complex member issues. Daily activities may require creation of detailed member reconciliations and direct explanation to member(s) via telephone contact. Occasionally may be required to participate in special projects related to improving member experience.
- Researches incoming member calls or correspondence and logs into database, reconciles, resolves, and ensures communication with member for all assigned billing and cash related inquiries. Will escalate any issues to supervisor/SR BRS if resolution is not clear or outside step actions defined by supervisor.
- Complies with all federal, state, and WellCare Corporate guidelines performing such duties in a professional and courteous manner to avoid member abrasion while meeting and exceeding all minimum performance and quality assurance standards.
- Thoroughly researches complex issues and takes appropriate action to resolve them within established service level agreements adhering to quality call back standards and turnaround time requirements
- Identify and analyze repetitive issues for root cause determination to ensure feedback is shared with supervisor for communication to appropriate business owners. The primary contact in communicating issues with business owners would be done by the supervisor or Senior BSR
- Acts as a liaison between team members and internal departments on data gathering and problem solving while investigating problems of an unusual nature in their area of responsibility.
- Assists with special projects as assigned or directed
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree preferred
Experience: 1 - 3 years previous experience within a call center or customer service environment.
Previous experience in a healthcare environment preferred
Special Skills (e.g. 2nd language): Spanish helpful not required
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to clearly convey messages to our members
- Interpersonal skills required to work well with others
- Ability to follow direction and strong attention to detail
- Able to be patient and calm when interacting with members