Prospects and markets the Medicaid product to interested eligible candidates in the service area, according to the prescribed rules and regulations of the Medicaid Contract. Meets the minimum enrollment goal of new members using event planning, presentation materials and sales techniques.
Department: Medicaid Sales
Reports to: Mgr, Medicaid Sales
- Markets Medicaid products to all interested eligible candidates.
- Conducts individual presentations to perspective members.
- Coordinates and conducts approved marketing events.
- Generates referrals utilizing community resources, supplied company tools, event planning and community networking.
- Prospects for leads and converts leads into appointments.
- Converts appointments into enrollments.
- Provides ongoing assistance to Medicaid members, as necessary, answering questions and/or directing inquiries to Customer Service.
- Continually monitors activities of health industry competitors and provides information to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reviews and quality checks enrollment paperwork before processing.
- When needed, assists in the creation of materials such as flyers, pamphlets, event material etc.
- May be asked to support and travel to other territories from time to time.
- Conducts new member orientations.
- Contacts approved leads by telephone to set appointments.
- Required to use personal transportation for appointment with prospective members and events.
- Required A High School or GED
- Required 1 year of experience in sales in HMO/Managed healthcare, insurance industry and/or event planning
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to work independently
- Intermediate Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate Knowledge of healthcare delivery
- Intermediate Knowledge of community, state and federal laws and resources
- Intermediate Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Intermediate Demonstrated customer service skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from families, members, and providers
- Intermediate Demonstrated organizational skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Intermediate Other Goal and result driven in sales
- Intermediate Other Ability to pay close attention to detail
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Other State required certification must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel