Supervises staff and oversees the day-to-day operations of behavioral health case management as it relates to the psychosocial, socioeconomic needs and services of selected member populations across the continuum of care. Ensures team is compliant with all program requirements and produces optimal clinical, socioeconomic, psychosocial and resource outcomes. Works with the case managers to ensure the process of assessing, planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating services and outcomes is pursued to maximize the health of the member with high acuity psychosocial needs and or behavioral health conditions. Partners and collaborates with other departments cross-functionally regarding care management and/or Health Service initiatives.
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, STATE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
DEPARTMENT: HI-HEALTH SERVICES STATE
POSITION LOCATION: KAPOLEI, HI 96707
- Responsible for ensuring adequate staffing is available to provide a safe, structured and therapeutic environment for all members served.
- Provide direct intervention within the scope of the QMHP license including case management, crisis intervention, counseling, individual or group psycho-education, or other interventions which to not include or meet the definition of therapy, provide intake assessment and recovery plan development, attend and contribute to the recovery planning or recovery plan review meetings with ancillary treatment providers on behalf of the treatment team.
- Ensure clinical supervision is guided by a supervisory plan which identifies the skills, knowledge, and attitudes that are the focus for development, establishing a learning alliance between the supervisor and supervisee in which the supervisee learns therapeutic skills while developing self-awareness at the same time, enhance the professional skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary to achieving competency in providing quality member care.
- Clinical supervision consists of regularly scheduled face to face individual meetings, content focused, feedback and evaluation is based on direct observation of work performance, preplanning and preparation are necessary and supervisee is engaged in a critical analysis of the work she/he did and is planning to do.
- Ensure therapeutic activities include but are not limited to individual and family therapeutic activities are congruent with member's individual treatment plan. Interventions shall include but are not limited to substance abuse, relapse prevention, legal issues, medication and independent living and coping skills.
- Ensure all staff receive appropriate support and training in line with contract mandates and as directed by the Behavioral Health Director, Medical Director and/or Executive team.
- Participate in the assessment of all members using appropriate diagnostic and evaluation procedures to make appropriate dispositions, recommendations and coordination of services.
- Ensure all members are provide with face-to-face interventions defined by acuity level.
- Ensure all members are provided with psychiatric and medication support and evaluation, including appropriate referral to outside psychiatrists.
- In collaboration with the Behavioral Health Director and Medical Director, assess the physical/mental health of all members to ascertain whether or not they are receiving adequate care and make appropriate referrals.
- Oversee the completion of the clinical assessment, individualized treatment plan, case management and member/family education groups.
- Develop linkages and necessary working agreements with community programs who come in contact with members who may benefit from these programs.
- Provide consultation to community programs to assist them in identifying those in crisis and responding to their needs.
- Participate in programs on going Quality Assurance monitoring, tracking and trending of outcomes.
- Assumes a leadership role within the IDT.
- Supervises clinical activities of the case managers to ensure their implementation according to goals and objectives as per contracts and/or as directed.
- Conduct staff performance appraisal on a regular basis.
- Ensure opportunities for staff training and development.
- Supervise individual case managers, RNs, administrative staff and others as assigned.
- Ensure the team is optimally staffed. Partner with Human Resources for interviews, hiring, disciplinary actions, terminations, etc.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly statistical reports in a timely manner as required and defined by the Behavioral Health Director and/or Executive Team.
- Collect, track and trend program outcomes as defined by the Behavioral Health Director, Executive Team and QA committee
- Hold regular staff meetings, case conferences and other meetings.
- Maintain cooperative relationship and open communion with all staff.
- Attend and participate in continuing education and training as required and as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Social Work, Psychology or related field is required
- 1 year experience in leading/supervising others is required
- 3 years of experience in working with the needs of vulnerable populations who have chronic or complex biopsychosocial needs is required.
- Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from families, members, and providers
- Ability to implement process improvements
- Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Ability to create, review and interpret treatment plans
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Knowledge of community, state and federal laws and resources
- Knowledge of healthcare delivery
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
Licenses and Certifications:
A license in one of the following is required:
- Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Mental Health Professional or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or licensed PsyD or licensed PhD is required
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) is required
- Microsoft Outlook is required
- Microsoft Word is required
- Microsoft Excel is required
- Healthcare Management Systems (Generic) is required
- Bilingual skills is preferred