Conducts comprehensive member psychosocial assessments through root cause analysis and performs clinical intervention through the development of a care management treatment plan specific to each member with high level acuity needs. Manages members with severe mental illness who have high rates of behavioral health utilization and/or severe psychosocial vulnerability. Assess members to recommend activities and behavioral routines to meet the social and medical needs of members and their families. Provides support and/or intervention and assists members in understanding the implications and complexities of their current medical situation and/or overall personal care.
REPORTS TO: SUPERVISOR, BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
DEPARTMENT: KENTUCKY HEALTH SERVICES STATE
POSITION LOCATION: OWENSBORO, KY 42303
- Assesses, plans, implements, monitors and evaluates options and services to meet complex psychosocial health needs of inpatient and outpatient members. Manages a caseload in compliance with contractual obligations and WellCare standards.
- Conducts comprehensive member assessments through root cause analysis based on referred member's needs and benefit plan eligibility, and performs clinical intervention through the development of a care management treatment plan specific to each member with high level acuity needs.
- Manages members with severe mental illness who have high rates of behavioral health utilization and/or severe psychosocial vulnerability. Works towards achievement of optimal clinical and resource outcomes.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of care plan and modifies plan as needed. Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost effective care. Coordinates with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the member's care plan and collaborates with providers.
- Acts as a liaison and member advocate between the member/family, physician and facilities/agencies. Provides clinical consultation to physicians, professional staff and other teams members/supervisors to provide optimal quality patient care and effective operations.
- Interacts continuously with members, family, physician(s), and other resources to determine appropriate behavioral action needed to address medical needs. Reviews benefits options, researches community resources, trains/creates behavioral routines and enables members to be active participants in their own healthcare.
- Ensures members are engaging with their PCP to complete their care management treatment plan or preventive care services.
- Assists in obtaining benefits for members through community resources when benefits are exhausted or not available.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Rehabilitation, or other relevant field that provides a foundation to receive a license as required of the position is required
- 2 years of experience in behavioral health management and/or acute behavioral health care setting focusing on outpatient/inpatient utilization, case management and discharge planning is required
- 1 year of experience in current case management as a licensed professional is required
- Experience working with the needs of vulnerable populations who have chronic or complex bio-psychosocial needs is required
- Experience in a managed care environment is preferred
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple assignments and prioritize workload
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills Communicates effectively in person and by phone
- Ability to create, review and interpret treatment plans
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from families, members, and providers
- Knowledge of healthcare delivery
- Knowledge of community, state and federal laws and resources
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Licenses and Certifications:
A license in one of the following is required:
- Master's level independent or non-independent license is required
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) LSW, LCSW, LMHC, LPC, LMFT, PsyD is required
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC) is required
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) is required
- Licensed Clinical Marriage & Family Therapist (LCMFT) is required
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist (LCP) is required
- Licensed Master Social Work (LMSW) is required
- Certified Social Worker (C-SW) is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel is required
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn company approved software such as EMMA, CRMS, Peradigm, InterQual, Sidewinder and other software in order to perform job duties is required
- Healthcare Management Systems (Generic) is required*LI-RG1