Position plans and leads audit projects, develops audit programs, works directly with areas undergoing audit, completes audit testing, reviews staff members' work, and prepares reports of results.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Facilitates audit planning and develops the audit program for assigned internal audit projects.
- Independently interviews and obtains audit evidence from business owners.
- Provides independent appraisals, analyses, and observations for examining and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of business processes, internal controls, and regulatory compliance.
- Completes audit testing, documentation, and reporting in a timely manner and in accordance with Audit Methodology and professional standards.
- Reviews the work of staff members for adequacy and completeness.
- Reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of corrective action plans that address audit report findings, and tracks the status of all assigned action plans to completion.
- Educates business owners on compliance requirements and responsibilities.
- Communicates and coordinates with external auditors.
- Collaborates with Internal Audit management in preparing the annual risk assessment and audit plan.
- Provides updates to Internal Audit management regarding the status and budget of assigned audits.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Management Information Systems or other business related field
- Required A High School or GED
- Required 3 years of experience in auditing
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Advanced Other Strong knowledge of process documentation and internal controls
- Advanced Other Ability to manage electronic workpapers
- Intermediate Other Demonstrated ability to understand business processes, identify risks and develop a comprehensive audit plan
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Other CPA, CIA, CISA or other professional designations
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Visio
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Access
- Preferred Intermediate Other Knowledge of data analytical procedures and tools that may include: Audit Command Language (ACL), Arbutus, and Tableau