LOCATION: Henderson Road, Tampa, FL
REPORTING TO: Senior Director, Internal Audit
Position plans and leads audit projects, develops audit programs, works directly with areas undergoing audit, completes audit testing, reviews staff members' work, and prepares reports of results.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Facilitates audit planning and develops the audit program for assigned internal audit projects.
- Independently interviews and obtains audit evidence from business owners.
- Provides independent appraisals, analyses, and observations for examining and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of business processes, internal controls, and regulatory compliance.
- Completes audit testing, documentation, and reporting in a timely manner and in accordance with Audit Methodology and professional standards.
- Reviews the work of staff members for adequacy and completeness.
- Reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of corrective action plans that address audit report findings, and tracks the status of all assigned action plans to completion.
- Educates business owners on compliance requirements and responsibilities.
- Communicates and coordinates with external auditors.
- Collaborates with Internal Audit management in preparing the annual risk assessment and audit plan.
- Provides updates to Internal Audit management regarding the status and budget of assigned audits.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Management Information Systems or other business related field
- Required A High School or GED
- Required 3 years of experience in auditing
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Advanced Other Strong knowledge of process documentation and internal controls
- Advanced Other Ability to manage electronic workpapers
- Intermediate Other Demonstrated ability to understand business processes, identify risks and develop a comprehensive audit plan
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Other CPA, CIA, CISA or other professional designations
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Visio
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Access
- Preferred Intermediate Other Knowledge of data analytical procedures and tools that may include: Audit Command Language (ACL), Arbutus, and Tableau