Position completes audit procedures in accordance with audit programs, reports results, and validates that action plans are implemented.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Assists in developing the audit program for assigned internal audit projects.
- Interviews and obtains audit evidence from business owners.
- Provides independent appraisals, analysis, and observations for examining and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of business processes, internal controls, and regulatory compliance.
- Independently completes audit testing and documentation, in a timely manner and in accordance with Audit Methodology and professional standards.
- Reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of corrective action plans that address audit report findings, and tracks the status of all assigned action plans to completion.
- Communicates and coordinates with external auditors.
- Assists Internal Audit management in preparing the annual risk assessment and audit plan.
- Provides updates to Internal Audit management regarding the status of assigned audits.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Management Information Systems or other business related field
- Required 2 years of experience in auditing
Licenses and Certifications:
- Beginner Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Other Knowledge of process
- Beginner Other Ability to understand business processes, identify risk and develop a comprehensive audit plan
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Preferred Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Preferred Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook Knowledge of process documentation and internal controls
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Visio
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Preferred Beginner Other Knowledge of data analytical procedures and tools that may include Audit Command Language (ACL), Arbutus, and Tableau