Location: Idlewild Ave, Tampa, FL
Reporting to: Mgr, Technical Analysis
Department: Ops-EDI Operations
Provides functional and technical business knowledge to the department through execution of standardized and ad-hoc analysis and reporting. Works closely with peers to run standardized processes using data and business rules. Analyzes company functions, processes, and activities to improve business applications and performance. Understands application/system design and implementation. Acts as business liaison to develop business and functional requirements for small to medium size system enhancements. Consults with end users to build test cases and complete user acceptance testing.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Analyzes data and reports, reviewing and testing technical changes, and distributing as needed.
- Provides requirements and/or performs updates to reports.
- Develops test scenarios against the current logic, updating as needed for accuracy and clarity.
- Creates Ad Hoc reports, queries and/or analyses upon request, or as needed to explain data anomalies or negative trends.
- Report analysis and interpretations of data anomalies to improve system or process performance and efficiency.
- Finds and Implements opportunities to improve efficiencies with step actions and timely delivery of results.
- Develops knowledge of data sufficient to tackle projects with increasing complexity in developing and/or testing new reporting and analysis as needed to support the team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidate Experience:Candidate Skills:
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field with demonstrated exposure to relevant programming languages (i.e., SAS, SQL, VB.NET, or Oracle (or similar depending upon departmental requirements))
- Required or equivalent work experience 2 years of relevant software experience to include SAS, SQL, VB.NET, or Oracle (or similar depending upon departmental requirements)
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Intermediate Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated problem solving skills
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Access
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Preferred Intermediate Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS)
- Preferred Intermediate Visual Basics .Net
- Preferred Intermediate SQL Server System
- Preferred Intermediate Oracle Database Management System (DBMS)