Applications Development Manager to provide strategic management for a development group of 4-6 (group includes developers and team leads), oversee the development and execute the strategic advancement of applicable systems and programs. The role is a coaching type leader that is practical work experience in a BPM tool/framework. Someone that can coach, is value added/ business based driven and know how to align technology with the business side and is solutions focused. The ideal candidate will have managed and built development teams in a structured environment, strong interpersonal skills to work well with people from many disciplines and with varying degrees of business and technical experience. Organizes, coordinates, and administers the daily activities and workload of the development team. Assigns, manages, and reports the daily tasks and work hours of the development team; facilitating open and effective communication within and between the development team, the business, and external customers. Provides project oversight to ensure that the business requirements and functional specifications of systems under development are being followed, and that work is performed on schedule and within budget. Works closely with executives, users, peers, and other stakeholders to identify information requirements and build systems based on modern, standards-based computing architectures that will improve data for decision making, improve business processes, and support critical business strategies.
- Organizes, prioritizes, coordinates, and administers the day-to-day activities and workload of the application development teams.
- Manages all aspects of the application development lifecycle, including systems analysis, design, development, deployment, maintenance, and enhancements for larger scope projects.
- Adheres to all IT processes and protocols and ensures that staff also operates in accordance to department protocols.
- Provides project oversight and administration to ensure that the development and delivery of information systems solutions meets or exceeds the expected business requirements, and that work is completed and delivered on time and within budget. Fiscally responsible to understand financial treatment of efforts and should drive the sensitivity around accurate effort reporting.
- Ensures that all provided technology services and solutions meet business needs for reliability, performance, and security.
- Gets involve to understand the functional and technical solution to keep the design and implementation team honest to the outcome. Also, strikes a balance with the need to deliver on a deadline and still meet long-term strategic objectives.
- Monitors and directs software development to demonstrate solution design meets standard architecture considerations and approvals to include: (1) standard database structures, (2) code standards, (3) common components and reusable programs (4) security and performance levels, (5) system interfaces and dependencies
- Participates on cross functional project teams (internal and external) to deliver quality solutions that meet client’s business requirements. Gains a solid understanding of business requirements to support the development, testing, and production readiness efforts
- Develops and promotes the overall vision, goals, objectives and strategies for the Application Development team in-line with the Information Technology Business Unit’s goals and objectives
- Assist in the assessment of current legacy systems and provide recommendations for implementing state of the art systems using the latest software and technologies
- Oversees the effort to create and improve product releases through continuous integration and automation. Looks for ways to automate and improve current processes/solutions within the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Creates and implements action plans to mitigate risks and resolve issues, working with representatives from stakeholders across the company
- Keeps up-to-date with emerging IT trends and technologies and the industry’s best practices.
- Mentors team members from both a technical and professional career enhancement perspective by offering constructive feedback. Build next generation leader and take responsibilities to right size the team with right talent doing right work.
- Provides day-to-day management and supervision for software engineering team by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives, and policies. Drive best in people and structure the team by strength.
- Makes effective hires, develops and trains employees, coaches for optimal performance, gives team members regular performance feedback. Takes appropriate corrective action as needed to promote optimal employee performance and low staff turnover.
- Identify staffing needs, provide general direction, assign specific tasks and responsibilities, evaluate and mentor staff.
- Manages conflicting priorities and multiple projects effectively
- Conducts annual employee performance reviews.
- Assists with technical training and user education as needed.
- After hours work and on-call availability may be required to support deployments or upgrades to production systems to avoid system downtime during business hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or like discipline
- Required or equivalent work experience 2 additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Required 10 years of experience in the software development, implementation, and/or maintenance of large-scale applications
- Required 5 years of experience in project management and execution involving multiple major development projects.
- Required 5 years of experience with BPM or workflow tools.
- Required 5 years of experience in resource management, performance management and mentoring of IT professional resources
- Preferred Other the Healthcare industry
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated project management skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Intermediate Other Must be able to document and diagram solutions using standard formats. Documentation must be grammatically correct, factually accurate, and appropriate to the target audience.
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Access
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Visio
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Project