Organizes, coordinates, and administers the daily activities and workload of the development team. Assigns, manages, and reports the daily tasks and work hours of the development team; facilitating open and effective communication within and between the development team, the business, and external customers. Provides project oversight to ensure that the business requirements and functional specifications of systems under development are being followed, and that work is performed on schedule and within budget. Works closely with executives, users, peers, and other stakeholders to identify information requirements and build systems based on modern, standards-based computing architectures that will improve data for decision making, improve business processes, and support critical business strategies.
- Organizes, prioritizes, coordinates, and administers the day-to-day activities and workload of the application development team.
- Manages all aspects of the application development lifecycle, including systems analysis, design, development, deployment, maintenance, and enhancements.
- Provides project oversight and administration to ensure that the development and delivery of information systems solutions meets or exceeds the expected business requirements, and that work is completed and delivered on time and within budget.
- Monitors and reports to IS, business, and customer management on the status and progress of project efforts, anticipating and identifying issues that could inhibit achieving the project goals and objectives, and implementing corrective actions and mitigation strategies.
- Ensures that all provided technology services and solutions meet business needs for reliability, performance, and security.
- Supports, troubleshoots, and maintains production systems to optimize performance, resolve problems, and provide timely follow-up on identified issues.
- Facilitates open and effective communication within and between the development team, the business, and external customers.
- Fosters and maintains good working relationships with customers and colleagues to meet expected service levels.
- Motivates, mentors, and leads the development team to achieve high productivity, high quality, and develop effective business solutions.
- Conducts annual employee performance reviews.
- Contributes to the development of annual application development plans.
- Assists with technical training and user education as needed.
- After hours work and on-call availability may be required to support deployments or upgrades to production systems to avoid system downtime during business hours.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in in computer science or equivalent
- Required 10 years of experience in the development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale online transactional processing (OLTP) and decision support systems (DSS) in a client-server environment.
- Required 5 years of experience in project management and execution involving multiple major development projects.
- Required 5 years of experience in years demonstrated leadership of a high performance development team.
- Preferred Other the Healthcare industry
- Intermediate Demonstrated project management skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Intermediate Other Must be able to document and diagram solutions using standard formats. Documentation must be grammatically correct, factually accurate, and appropriate to the target audience.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Access
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Visio
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Project