Provide guidance in support of the implementation, maintenance, administration and support of third-party applications used in conjunction with business and IT systems. Provides subject matter expertise in the third-party applications, performs complex troubleshooting, leads the design and planning to determine the best solution to meet specific customer and/or business needs utilizing the appropriate application, mentors other application administrators, and performs other work as required.
- Provide assistance to team members with their daily work assignments and issue resolution to achieve the business needs.
- Assist management with prioritizing work assignments.
- Interact with the Internal Customers in resolving issues related to their specific areas.
- Interact with customers, either IT or Business users, to determine requirements related to needs of third-party applications. Follow-up on customer satisfaction.
- Review new releases, patches, hotfixes, and security bulletins from Software vendors.
- Interact with other departments and teams to coordinate work activities needed to accomplish the goals for all requested work.
- Ensure that all provided solutions meet business needs for reliability, performance, and security.
- Lead the development and documentation of solutions in order to provide guidance to the leadership team.
- Modify a third-party application, via coding or configuration, to ensure the requirements gathered for implementation/enhancement are met.
- Ensure testing of any changes or modifications to third-party applications is performed.
- Follow release management processes to promote modifications of third-party applications to production environments.
- Respond to emergency issues that arise with the third-party applications, resolving the problem, determining the root cause of the issue and implementing preventative measures to keep the issue from reoccurring.
- Perform routine and periodic patching and upgrades to third-party applications to ensure quality, security and support of these applications.
- Coordinate activities with Network, Server and DBA groups to make necessary modifications to meet the requirements.
- Develop and document Standard Operating Procedures for each third-party application.
- Plan and participate in disaster recovery activities to ensure continued availability of the supported third-party applications.
- Work with vendors of third-party applications to ensure adherence to best practices and policies to ensure optimum performance and stability of these applications.
- Mentor team members through training and support with complex tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Performs training for other application administrators and ensure the transfer of knowledge for all supported third party applications.
- Review new technologies against business requirements to identify opportunities for improvements and to identify opportunities to reduce costs.
Ideal candidate MUST have -
Experience with HRIS application implementation
Experience with ADP (Enterprise, Vantage) or PeopleSoft
Experience with WorkDay, Taleo, Cornerstone, UltiPro, ICIMS is highly preferred
- Preferred A Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or related field
- Required 5 years of experience in Working to administrator, configure or customize HRIS applications
- Preferred 2 years of experience in Leading the Implementation, administration or support of software products
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Ability to multi-task
- Advanced Ability to work as part of a team
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Other Knowledge of Change Control Processes
- Intermediate Other General knowledge of SDLC
- Advanced Other Proficient in troubleshooting issues
- Advanced Other Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with non-technical staff and end-users for requirements gathering, testing, training, and outcome validation.
- Advanced Other Must be able to document and diagram solutions using standard formats. Documentation must be grammatically correct, factually accurate, and appropriate to the target audience.
- Advanced Other Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions and written policies and procedures to ensure adherence to standards and to instructions from management.
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Other Appropriate system certifications
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Access Must be intimately familiar with the operating environment
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Word Must understand the overall architecture of the application platform
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook Must understand various authentication mechanisms (Active Directory, local unix authentication, Database, etc)
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint Must be able to troubleshoot issues with very little information from users
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Visio Must understand role based security and security inheritance
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Project Must be able to determine which layer of security affects the various resources(databases, app servers, etc)
- Required Intermediate Other Working knowledge of Windows and Linux Servers
- Required Intermediate Other Must be able to communicate technical solutions to management for review and approval both verbally and in writing