LOCATION: Henderson Road, Tampa, FL
DEPARTMENT: Public Affairs-Advocacy
REPORTING TO: Senior Director, Community Operations
Serves as internal and external subject matter expert on the social safety net and its circumstances. Builds relationships with advocacy partners that share our corporate vision and responsible to formalize these relationships. Recognizes, shapes and implements granting opportunities across markets and within markets (in close collaboration with market leadership). Prepares analysis that shape and drive advocacy & community-focused policies across and within markets using multiple resources like WellCare's Community Command Center, both internal and external primary and second resources and so on. Shape integrative strategies and work collaborative with market leaders to design/plan/execute implementation plans unique to each market. Oversee the field-advocacy and engagement teams (in close collaboration with market leadership).
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Acts as a leader in the ACBP department and assists other associates when needed.
- Works with national organizations and community based programs to improve the health of the community.
- Prepare and review state-specific analysis of community resources, gaps and proposed interventions (using data prepared by staff epidemiologist)
- Proposes and implements social safety net-focused strategies for sustainability (nationally and locally – in close collaboration with market leader).
- Creates and conducts presentations internally and externally on various advocacy and community based program topics to state leadership including Governors, State health policy directors and the like (in close collaboration with Market Leadership).
- Prepares state-specific advocacy model (upon request) within service level agreements established with market leader including a market specific budget and resource plan.
- Establish budget allocation and return on investment strategies.
- Assists in implementing market-based advocacy model (under the direction of market leader) while serving as subject matter expert on local leadership team during implementation period.
- Develops local community giving strategy (upon request and under the direction of market leader) which complements and is complemented by the corporate giving strategy.
- Monitor state and federal funding streams to social safety net services.
- Work with corporate analytical team, to pro actively identify social service gaps, identify trends across markets and develop national strategies to address multi-state gaps.
- Oversee The CommUnity Commitment, the national advocacy organization operated jointly by WellCare and the N4A.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field Public Health or Social Work
- Preferred A Master's Degree in a related field Public Health or Social Work
- Required 7 years of experience in Managed Healthcare and Public Health
- Required 5 years of experience in managing community based programs. Grant writing and grant management experience
- Required 2 years of experience in the ACBP department
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Knowledge of community, state and federal laws and resources
- Advanced Ability to drive multiple projects
- Advanced Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
- Advanced Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from families, members, and providers
- Advanced Ability to influence internal and external constituents
- Advanced Demonstrated customer service skills
- Advanced Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Knowledge of healthcare delivery
- Advanced Other Management experience
A license in one of the following is required: