Provides administrative support to multiple Directors/Managers within a department or a Vice President with small people mgmt scope. Performs routine administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper/electronic documents, arranging travel, coordinating meetings and greeting internal/external constituencies. May perform project work by conducting research, updating social media/websites and preparation of briefing charts and other presentation materials.
REPORTS TO: Market COO
- Manages a calendar for multiple Directors/Managers or Vice President. Schedules and cancels meetings and revises calendar(s) based on priority and important changes.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and prepares expense reports.
- Produces, formats and edits correspondence and documents.
- Creates and maintains necessary tracking/coordination of spreadsheets and administers department programs.
- Assists with the creation of presentation materials and briefing documents.
- Schedules department events, conference facilities, weekly/month department meetings, and plans and negotiates food and site locations where necessary.
- Takes meeting minutes.
- Organizes and distributes hard copy mail and email/phone distribution lists.
- Organizes and distributes department reports and/or materials.
- Receives and processes bill payments.
- Researches, prices and purchases office supplies.
- Oversees and manages department payroll.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- A high school diploma.
- An Associate's Degree in a related field preferred.
- 1-2 years experience as an administrative assistant/office coordinator supporting an executive or a large department in a face paced and/or growing organization.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry preferred.
Special Skills (e.g. 2nd language):
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interface with personnel at all levels
- Ability to effectively manage/coordinate simultaneous projects; ability to be flexible and muli-task
- Strong initiative and customer service focus
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of office management (answering phones, setting up files, record keeping etc)
- Ability to work as part of team and with other administrative assistants
- Strong typing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
- Ability to type at least 50-60 words a minute.
- Proficient utilizing fax machines, copy machines, conference phones, audio/visual equipment etc.