Provides administrative support to multiple Directors/Managers within a department or a Vice President with small people mgmt scope. Performs routine administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper/electronic documents, arranging travel, coordinating meetings and greeting internal/external constituencies. May perform project work by conducting research, updating social media/websites and preparation of briefing charts and other presentation materials.
- Manages a calendar for multiple Directors/Managers or Vice President. Schedules and cancels meetings and revises calendar(s) based on priority and important changes.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and prepares expense reports.
- Produces, formats and edits correspondence and documents.
- Creates and maintains necessary tracking/coordination of spreadsheets and administers department programs.
- Assists with the creation of presentation materials and briefing documents.
- Schedules department events, conference facilities, weekly/month department meetings, and plans and negotiates food and site locations where necessary.
- Takes meeting minutes.
- Organizes and distributes hard copy mail and email/phone distribution lists.
- Organizes and distributes department reports and/or materials.
- Receives and processes bill payments.
- Researches, prices and purchases office supplies.
- Oversees and manages department payroll.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
Education: A high school diploma. An Associate's Degree in a related field preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years experience as an administrative assistant/office cooridnator supporting an executive or a large department in a face paced and/or growing organization. Working knowledge of the healthcare industry preferred.
Special Skills (e.g. 2nd language):
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to interface with personnel at all levels
Ability to effectively manage/coordinate simultaneous projects; ability to be flexible and muli-task
Strong initiative and customer service focus
Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines
Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
Strong attention to detail
Solid knowledge of office mangement (answering phones, setting up files, record keeping etc)
Ability to work as part of team and with other administrative assistants
Strong typing skills
Technical Skills/Requirements: Proficient in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook. Ability to type at least 50-60 words a minute. Proficent utilizing fax machines, copy machines, conference phones, audio/visual equipment etc.