Work with or lead a team of analysts to provide timely, accurate, actionable data and analysis supporting the department, area, and corporate key initiatives. Participate as a key strategic member of the Actuarial team. Provide pro-active analysis and recommendations to management on both a tactical and strategic nature.
- Monthly calculation of the Corporation's IBNR reserves.
- Assist with development annual Medicare filings and state rate filings, including all managerial review and certification if necessary.
- Develop actionable recommendations to management relative to all analysis.
- Perform monthly analysis identifying opportunities to reduce cost and utilization.
- Lead cross functional teams to address key issues facing the organization.
- Evaluate Government reimbursement process to determine areas of risk and opportunity.
- Participate in regional initiatives to improve operating results.
- Initiate key analysis to improve overall MLR results.
- Work closely with Chief Vice President of Actuarial Services, outside consultants and management to ensure that projects conform to Actuarial Standards of Practice.
- Monitor trends and changes in the actuarial field and healthcare industry and communicate findings to management and associates.
- Work toward and/or maintain necessary continuing education requirements as required by the Society of Actuaries.
Education/Experience: (include any licenses or certifications required)
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or a Graduate degree.
- Designation of Associate of the Society of Actuaries.
- 2 or more years of significant industry experience.