Provides direct supervision over, and manages the activities of, supervisory associates and their subordinate exempt / nonexempt accounting personnel assignments are somewhat broad in nature, often requiring originality and ingenuity, but, include general ledger maintenance, account reconciliation's analysis, journal entry approvals, etc.Essential Functions:
- Manages work assignments and develops direct reports who include supervisory and exempt and non-exempt accounting personnel.
- Maintains a documented system of internal controls over accounting policies and transactions.
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies, GAAP standards.
- Develop and implement a plan for training, developing of accounting department personnel.
- Work closely with other department leaders (accounts payable, human resources, capitation, medical economics, health analytics, service fund, revenue reconciliation, IT, etc.) to support inquiries, identify gaps and improvements in processes and provide guidance to other departments as necessary.
- Coordinates departmental system implementations, expansions, etc.
- Manages the accounting consolidation of all entities.
- Develops processes to account for financial transactions.
- Manages the analytical review of general ledger balances.
- Coordinates audit activities with internal and external auditors and regulatory examiners.
- Participates in the development of short-range and long-range plans for overall area activities.
- May oversee the implementation of programs and strategies.
- May act in liaison capacity with other departments and business units to achieve business objectives.
- May make recommendations on matters of policy and approve changes I area of expertise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.