Reports to: Sr. Manager, Regulatory Cost
Location: Henderson Rd (Tampa, FL)
Responsible for providing project and audit support for various efforts undertaken by the Integration & Project Management team in the controller's organization. Will engage with internal and external stakeholders to drive outcomes on audit and integration activities. Reviews and audits data prior to sending to external auditors to ensure accuracy and compliance.
Additional Responsibilities: Candidate Education:
- Coordinate and respond to external audit requests and internal financial audits; including external DOI (Department of Insurance) exams, regulatory cost report audits, internal audit reviews, and other external requests.
- Reviews and audits data prior to sending to external auditors to ensure accuracy and compliance. Reviews and audits data prior to sending to external auditors to ensure accuracy and compliance. Identify inconsistencies, errors, and/or issues with audit support documentation and resolve prior to submission.
- Prepare requested supporting schedules for audit and financial reporting purposes.
- Facilitate and plan audit related meetings to include kick-off, status, and walk-through meetings.
- Track project deliverables related to a high volume of time-sensitive data; report out status and ensure timely completion of key milestones.
- Complete acquisition/integration activities; including project planning, assigning of deliverables and managing project timeline.
- Assist in driving outcomes with leadership and other key stakeholders to ensure common agreement of scope, deliverables and trade-offs from initiation of project to closure.
- Build and leverage relationships inside and outside the controller’s department to efficiently meet audit/project requirements.
- Prepare and review reports that cover forecasts, budget status, and other management related reports.
- Maintain project related materials for assigned projects (e.g. action plans, tracking tools) – departmental dashboard tracking and QA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related experience
- Required or equivalent work experience 4 additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Required 2 years of experience in General Accounting
- Preferred 1 year of experience in Project management
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Intermediate Ability to analyze information and convert related activities into a comprehensive work plan
- Intermediate Ability to proof large bodies of materials
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to drive multiple projects
- Intermediate Ability to work independently
- Intermediate Other Critical Thinking skills
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Visio
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint