Reports to: Manager, Accounting
Location: Henderson Rd (Tampa, FL)
Provides accounting expertise to management regarding complex cross-functional projects, and/or other activities that support strategic initiatives. Performs forecasting and analysis of data in the areas of accounting, financial reporting and planning, profit improvement initiatives and on various departmental projects, using the results generated to create financial reports and analysis. Oversee accounting staff to ensure work is completed in a timely and accurate manner. Review and validate journal entries are properly recorded.
Additional Responsibilities: Candidate Education:
- Develops methods and criteria for measuring and summarizing financial data and preparing complex analyses.
- Ensures departmental adherence to corporate guidelines, performance standards and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Provides high subject matter expertise in preparing financial reports, pro-forma financial statements and reports, and analyses of financial statements.
- Acts as Finance liaison, partnering with associates from other business areas on special projects.
- Coordinate documentation of internal controls (financial close binder).
- Provide financial analysis to Senior Management or other executives as needed. Review and validate analyses prepared by subordinates.
- Coordinate requests related to external audits and internal financial audits.
- Provide input and analyses of balance sheet trends for discussions at month-end close meetings.
- Perform a detailed review of month-end account reconciliations and analyses. Ensure all applicable internal controls over financial reporting are performed and evidence is appropriately maintained.
- Contributes to the overall planning, implementation and execution of the department’s vision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Preferred A Master's Degree in a related field
- Required 7 years of experience in accounting and/or finance
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Advanced Ability to drive multiple projects
- Advanced Ability to work as part of a team
- Advanced Ability to lead/manage others
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Demonstrated organizational skills
- Advanced Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Certified Public Accountant (CPA) CPA
- Preferred Advanced SQL Server System Knowledge and experience developing applications utilizing SQL (Microsoft and/or Oracle tools)