Responsible for day to day activities of accounting for lower risk and less complex transactions and account balances, and performance of the month-end financial statement close processes and internal controls related to those transactions and account balances. Assists with various analyses and requests from management and other departments.
- Responsible for lower risk and less complex transactions and account balances or will assist more senior accountants with data and schedule preparation.
- Serve as "subject matter expert" for assigned areas, including an understanding of the underlying processes and transactions. Communicate issues clearly and confidently with supervisors.
- Monitor month-end close tasks owned and proactively identify delays and/or issues. Ensure progress is communicated to supervisor.
- Create and upload journal entries. Appropriately document and support all transactions.
- Prepare month-end reconciliations and analyses for assigned accounts. Perform and document all related internal controls and maintain appropriate evidence.
- Reconcile investment and bank statements to general ledger
- Comply with all corporate policies, GAAP standards and statutory requirements.
- Prepare and maintain process documentation.
- Respond timely and completely to requests from management and other departments.
- Prepare requested supporting schedules for audit and financial reporting purposes.
- Assist with and volunteer for other special projects, implementations, etc.
Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance preferred, or commensurate experience
1 years of general accounting experience.
CPA certification preferred
General ledger software experience preferred, proficiency with Excel (including pivot tables, V-lookup, etc. is a must.