This position is responsible for all aspects of planning and delivery of operational programs. Manages initiatives through advanced skills in project management and strong organizational relationships. Addresses financial and operational improvement related to key program metric outcomes, partnerships, and new initiatives designed to improve the reach and engagement of physician partners and members. Position will work closely with the Executive Director on developing market-level strategic vision and implementation of programs and projects with internal and external stakeholders. Responsible for facilitating Board and physician pod meetings, planning, and leadership activities.
Reports To: Director, ACO
Department: Provider Operations
Position Location: Houston, TX 77081
- Maintains primary operational relationship with physician practices and partners in the market.
- Responsible for the delivery of strategic operational programs that address gaps in coding, processes, and corporate goals. Works with Executive Director to ensure the program strategy meets goals of the ACO. Oversees aspects of program planning, management, and execution (scope, schedule, and budget. Responsible for creating program timelines including sign-off from all work streams.
- Serves as first escalation point for program concerns and questions from participating physician practices for operational needs. Works directly with practice teams and internal staff to resolve issues and create risk mitigation plans. Responsible for escalating well-formulated issues and risks to leadership. Can effectively communicate business and technology issues and solutions.
- Drives program-level quarterly and annual reporting as per the program requirements. Uses reporting to increase visibility and proactive monitoring of the program performance. Responsible for reporting program progress to all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for being actively engaged in operations programs to ensure proper communication of program development and changes are communicated to both leadership and participating physicians. Key programs include Annual Wellness Visits, Quality Measures, and HCC Coding initiatives.
- Responsible for proactive management in areas such as risks that would affect the practice's participation in the program. Prepare strategic analysis of potential business and/or operational opportunities as needed.
- Responsible for developing and implementing operations based programs, internal and external, through all phases of the project lifecycle to achieve success in improving financial and utilization metrics and communication for all healthcare partners involved. Encourages collaboration and ensures that all viewpoints are represented and explored. Builds effective working relationships with physician practices and healthcare partners.
- Works with internal and external team members to implement identified programs and best practices.
- Takes a primary role in planning marketing events for practice managers and physicians.
- Provides and coordinates training to providers and partners on programs and services.
- Monitors operational program performance through activity dashboards and analytic reports. Identifies trends and patterns for opportunities for program development.
- Works with Executive Director and the Board to identify and coordinate additional physicians.
- All other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Marketing, Health Service
- Preferred A Master's Degree in a related field
- Required 5 years of experience in managing the strategy, implementation, and optimization of healthcare practice administration and/or operations
- Preferred Other Expertise managing provider-facing (e.g., physician, hospital, etc.) communications, provider relations
- Preferred Other Experience with a major health plan and/or medical practice with Medicare/Medicaid exposure required, with Accountable Care Organization experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Intermediate Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to drive multiple projects
- Intermediate Other Strong facilitation and presentation skills
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Project
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Adobe Acrobate
- Preferred Intermediate SharePoint